Welcome to the website for Anglican EcoCare, a Commission of the Diocese of Perth in Western Australia.
Anglican EcoCare was established as a Standing Commission of the Synod of the Anglican Diocese of Perth in 2006, and was founded on the urging of a pre-existing group of Perth Anglicans. The purposes of the Commission are –
- to pursue in particular the final point in the Mission Statement of the Anglican Communion adopted by this diocese, namely “to strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and to sustain and renew the life of the earth”;
- to be an agent of education concerning environmental and faith matters for the Diocese of Perth in both practical and didactic ways;
- to provide experiential opportunities for environmentally sensitive Christian living, prayer and community building;
- to be a prophetic voice on matters of faith and environment;
- to establish and maintain working relationships with educational institutions, commerce and industry regarding environmental matters; and
- to establish relationships with other ventures that share the same purposes with the approval of the Diocesan Council.